Choosing the right hot melt glue gun nozzle goes a long way toward guaranteeing a clean and secure job. Your hot melt adhesive nozzle needs to be adapted to your industry, the materials you’re joining and the geometry and nature of your contact surfaces. Whether you’re seeking hot melt glue nozzles for carton sealing or another specific application, we’ve got you covered. Our team here at Keystone Industries® can help you determine which nozzle is best for your application.
Depending on your industry and the type of gluing you’re doing, you can choose from:
- Button nozzle: Single orifice brass nozzle that fits on Nordson® H20 & Slautterback® E100 Heads
- Domed nozzle: Customizable multi-orifice brass nozzle suitable for case sealing
- Domed circular nozzle: Used for sealing soda bottle base caps (circular pattern)
- Extended dome nozzle: 1” long length to get adhesive deep into parts, suitable for automatic applications
- Domed offset nozzle: These nozzles are available as single offset nozzles, which have one orifice at an angle offset from 0°, or dual offset nozzles, which have one orifice at 0° and another orifice offset at an angle for custom dispensing applications.
- Domed SS nozzle: Stainless steel multi-orifice nozzle suitable for corrosive environments or high wear/contact
- Handgun nozzle: Available in various lengths and orifice sizes for manual handgun operations
- Needle SS nozzle: Commonly used to apply adhesive along a cardboard box seam and case closing
- Pencil nozzle: Single orifice brass nozzle suitable for a variety of carton sealing applications
- Short Pencil Nozzle: Single Orifice brass nozzle that give options for different flow rates of adhesive suitable for carton sealing applications.
- Single guard nozzles: Button nozzle with integrated guard to protect the tip from box contact
- Single SS nozzle (no guard): Durable stainless steel variant of button nozzle.
- Spray nozzle: Dispenses adhesives in a swirl or spray pattern, for products such as diapers & certain product assembly applications
- 90-degree nozzle: Popular nozzle for dispensing adhesive at a 90° angle for case and carton sealing
When choosing your nozzles, it’s important to understand the different terminology used in the industry to make sure you’re choosing the right nozzles for your application. Consider terms such as:
- Carton sealing: This popular use for a hot melt glue gun nozzle consists of gluing carton lids and tops, usually with a single line of glue (sufficient for low-weight cartons and products such as cereal boxes). Many customers choose pencil nozzles or 90-degree nozzles for carton sealing.
- Case closing: Cases are made from thicker cardboard and often require more glue (thicker lines or multiple lines) for adequate sealing before shipping — heavier products will require more glue than lighter ones for adequate sealing. Optimal hot glue nozzles for case sealing include needle SS nozzles, right-angle 90° nozzles, and multi-orifice domed nozzles are popular choices.
- Adhesive optimization: Too little glue can result in cartons and cases that open during transport, but too much glue costs you money. Optimizing your adhesive is important for the quality and reliability of your packaging as well as your profitability.
You’ll Find What You Need at Keystone Industries®
If you know which tip for hot melt glue gun you’d like or require assistance choosing, check out our variety of nozzles. Compare the different types and select the model best adapted to your hot melt glue application. You can also contact Keystone Industries® by calling 800-235-8090 for more information or to receive assistance with choosing. We’ll provide a free quote and ship your nozzles to you quickly, so you can get the benefits of the perfect hot melt glue nozzle for the gluing you do.